8 Days Kenya Family Safari Vacation Holiday starts with a city tour to major attractions in Nairobi, then 8 Days Kenya Family Safari Vacation Holiday continue to Samburu conservancy to view the big five and other lesser animals; and then down to Lake Nakuru to watch the white Rhinos, thousands of pink flamingos and other bird species; then head west to the famous Masai Mara to watch the great wildebeest migration among other great wildlife in the region.
Spend an unforgettable 8 Days Kenya Family Safari Vacation Holiday in Kenya tracking big cats on game drives on a Masai Mara safari; drifting over vast plains on a scenic hot air balloon flight; going on guided bush walks led by red-robed Maasai warriors and hand feeding giraffe at the well-known Giraffe Manor. And when they’re not with you, your kids can join in junior ranger programs packed with unforgettable experiences such as learning to shoot a bow and arrow, making fire with sticks or casting animal tracks in plaster.
8 Days Kenya Family Safari Vacation Holiday
This 8 Days Kenya Family Safari Vacation Holiday starts and ends in Nairobi, taking you through major wildlife conservancies and tourist attractions in Nairobi and Laikipia, followed by a wildlife and bird watching trip at Lake Nakuru, Lake Naivasha and the famous Masai Mara. On this 8 Days Kenya Family Safari Holiday you can be sure to watch all the ‘Big Five, hundreds of bird species, stunning landscapes and thousands of other lesser wildlife.
Kenya has long been delivering safe and rewarding family holiday safaris in world-renowned Big 5 game reserves as well as beach holidays on the country’s dazzling coastline and Indian Ocean islands. And let’s not forget that this East African country is also home to the greatest wildlife spectacle of them all – the Masai Mara Wildebeest Migration. Wildlife-rich game reserves, white sand beaches, Maasai warriors, once-in-a-lifetime activities and all the atmosphere of big game Africa – how could you not bring the kids on safari in Kenya?
8 Days Kenya Family Safari Vacation Holiday Package
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Jomo Kenyatta International Airport or from the Hotel|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please be ready by 7:30 AM for a prompt departure at 8:00 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 5:30 PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking boots, hat, jacket and sunscreen.|
What to Expect on 8 Days Kenya Family Safari Vacation Holiday Package
Welcome to Kenya! Kenya is one of the best countries in Africa for seeing large concentrations of animals throughout the year. Come explore Lake Nakuru- a breeding ground for flamingo- up to 2 million birds migrate here; Kenya is a birdwatchers dream, with more than 1,000 species recorded. Then, the Maasai Mara- Kenya’s Maasai Mara National Reserve is renowned for the Great Migration of millions of herbivores and the Maasai and Samburu tribes people live and tend to their livestock alongside the resident wildlife. Finally, explore Kenya’s coast- with its beautiful beaches, spectacular coral reefs and fascinating towns with an Arabic flavor.
Enjoy an extensive and beautiful journey across Kenya, travelling both north and south of Nairobi to experience the diversity of its game-rich parks and encounter some of Africa’s most magnificent wildlife.
8 Days Kenya Family Safari Vacation Holiday Includes
- Transport in a 4×4 Safari Mini with a pop-up roof -each person is guaranteed a window seat
- Services of a professional Guide
- Accommodation in double/triple Tent room
- Game drives as per the itinerary
- Game parks or national parks entry fees;
- Three meals per day whilst on safari
- 1-litre Mineral water per person per day
- Complimentary return airport transfers
Kenya Family Safari Vacation Holiday Excludes
- International Airfare
- A visit to a Masai Village
- Cost of obtaining passport and visas
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide, Porterage/ waiters at hotels
- Sundowner bush cocktails and bush dinner
- Membership in Flying Doctors Society – Emergency air rescue
- Optional Hot Air Ballooning (cost per person is 470 US Dollars), Nature walks etc
- Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary
Important to Know
- Rates are per person and exclude the international flight from/to your home country.
- Maximum Number of people per car is 6
- This tour accepts children who are 4 years and older.
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged with extra cost
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Prices are “from” per person based on twin/double share accommodation and for travel in low season. Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply. Limited seat/spaces and all pricing is subject to change and availability. Rates for single or triple travelers are available on request – please esquire. Group Size: Minimum 2 Guaranteed departures
8 Days Kenya Family Safari Vacation Holiday Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Nairobi
You will be met on arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi by our representative and transfer to a Nairobi Heka Hotel for an overnight stay on bed and breakfast.
Day 2: Nairobi
Today, you will have a full day in Nairobi with a tour of Nairobi’s David Sheldrick where we have a young orphaned baby elephant that is taken good care of as you watch, Drive towards Ngong Hills and pass Ngong Village to the Karen Blixen Museum which was the home of Karen Blixen for many years. Have lunch and later proceed to the Giraffe Centre to see and feed the famous Rothschild Giraffe and her family. Return to the Hotel for overnight stay on Bed and breakfast basis.
Day 3: Nairobi – Samburu National Park
After breakfast, depart Nairobi and drive through the central part of Kenya rich with agricultural activities to Samburu Game reserve located in the semi-arid land in the north Frontier District. The land is characterized by rugged terrains dominated by dramatic hills with acacia and Doum palm trees along the Ewaso Nyiro river, the lifeline of this beautiful arid lands and home to fantastic birdlife and rare species of animals including Somali Ostrich, Besia Oryx, Gerenuk, gravy zebra, Reticulated Giraffe, and Greater Kudu. The reserve is a good place to watch elephants and big Cats. Arrive in time for lunch followed by afternoon game drive. Have dinner and overnight stay at Samburu Sopa Lodge on full board basis.
Day 4: Samburu National Park
Have a full day at Samburu with morning and afternoon game drives searching for more animals
Day 5: Samburu National Park – Lake Nakuru National Park
Have early breakfast and depart to Lake Nakuru National Park which was created to protect the huge flocks of over a million lesser and greater flamingo that breed and nest at the edge of Lake Nakuru, giving it the characteristic pink rim. A stop-over at Thomson’s falls for scenic and rest area. Proceed with the drive crossing the equator then down the east wall of the Great Rift Valley to Nakuru. Enjoy an afternoon game drive where you have a chance to see the endangered white rhino. Other wildlife found here includes lions, leopards, zebra, gazelles, eland, giraffe, and the hyrax. Have dinner and overnight stay at Sarova woodlands and spar on full board basis.
Day 6: Lake Nakuru – Masai Mara
After breakfast, depart heading South West to Masai Mara National Reserve arriving in time for lunch at your camp. Afternoon game drive across the beautiful dotted plains of Mara in search for large pride of lions and other cat’s family species like serval cat, cheetah, and leopard including herbivores like Topi, Hartebeest, Oribi as well as many other mammals, reptiles and amphibian species. Have dinner and overnight stay at Masai Mara Base Camp on full board basis.
Day 7: Masai Mara National Park
Spend a full day at Mara in search for more game including an opportunity to spot the big five: Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Buffalo, and Elephant. Game drives are flexible, with optional visits to a local Masai village where you can interact with local people and learn of their culture and traditions.
Day 8: Masai Mara National Park – Nairobi
After breakfast, return back to Nairobi arriving early evening and transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your flight back home.
THE ABOVE FAMILY TOUR PRICE IS INCLUSIVE OF:
- Guarantee price/guarantee safari
- Ground transport whilst on safari in a comfortable safari van
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari
- Meal plan as described, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner.
- Accommodation in family rooms, where possible interconnecting
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional driver/guide
- Game drives as detailed in the itinerary
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Bottled water whilst on safari
- Domestic flight, Nairobi – Masai Mara – Nairobi inclusive of local taxes
- Guided forest walks at Mountain Lodge Serena
- Entrance charges to Giraffe Center and Karen Blixen House
- Specialized and personal services all through the trip and children activities
EXCLUDED IN FAMILY TRIP PRICE:
- International flights
- Items of personal nature
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary