7 Days Bird Watching Kenya Safaris is created especially for the bird lovers who wish to see Kenya’s avifauna’s of over 1100 species. The 7 Days Bird Watching Kenya Safaris will focus on the 3 Great Rift Valley lakes, alpine Mt. Kenya and the western lowland forests at Kakamega. Kenya is one of only 15 countries globally where more than 1,000 bird species have been recorded, and it lies third on the African avian diversity list after DR Congo and Tanzania. This list includes the world’s two largest birds (common and Somali ostrich, now regarded as separate species) and its bulkiest flying creature (Kori bustard), along with a wealth of raptors and a dazzling array of colorful bee-eaters, turacos, parrots, rollers and passerines.
Birdwatching is rewarding everywhere in Kenya. For dedicated birdwatchers, a well-planned two-week itinerary is likely to result in a trip list of 350–400 species, a figure that compares favorably with anywhere in the world.
Are you interested in watching rare bird species in their natural habitats? Would you like to enjoy the melodious singing of various songbirds, which touches the heart and heals the soul? Then, a unique 7 Days Bird Watching Kenya Safaris from Claudious Tours Safaris is exactly what you need! We offer fantastic birding safaris Kenya that won’t leave indifferent anyone, regardless of your age.
7 Days Bird Watching Kenya Safaris
Our birding safaris Africa are an excellent chance to relax both physically and mentally among the breathtaking sceneries of the virgin African nature. Besides, the birding safari we provide can be used for educational purposes to acquaint your kids with a fascinating world of birds and animals, and make them fall in love with it once and for all. Capture moments with the best birding tours in Kenya! Book a wildlife/birdwatching safari tour from Masai Mara to Lake Nakuru in a shared group/family jeep safari to enjoy the beauty of the wilderness.
Venture in iconic 7 Days Bird Watching Kenya Safaris including Lake Nakuru bird sightings of the flamingo’s, little egret, and a white pelican with encounters of both resident and migratory birds. A perfect group birding tour in Kenya for both Lake Nakuru birdlife & 7-Day Masai Mara wildlife trip/drives, including Cape buffalo, zebra, waterbuck, and lion.
7 Days Bird Watching Kenya Safaris
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Jomo Kenyatta International Airport or from the Hotel|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please be ready by 7:30 AM for a prompt departure at 8:00 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 5:30 PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking boots, hat, jacket and sunscreen.|
What to Expect on 7 Days Bird Watching Kenya Safaris
Our birding safari tour is an amazing trip to the gorgeous Lake Nakuru National Park and the magnificent Masai Mara Game Reserve. During birding safaris Kenya, we take you to the most picturesque places untouched by civilization, where hundreds of rare bird and animal species have found their safe shelter.
Lake Nakuru National Park: A popular Kenyan birding safari holiday destination, famous for its rich birdlife; (white pelican, flamingo, Hottentot teal) and wildlife with stunning natural scenery. Join our 7 Days Bird Watching Kenya Safaris and make amazing discoveries about birds. Discover how these vertebrate animals are adapted for flight and feeding in their natural habitat.
Kenya’s national parks make excellent centers for bird watching in Kenya – the Maasai Mara for the rosy-throated longclaw and magpie shrike; the Samburu for the rare shining sunbird and pink breasted lark; and Nairobi for the northern pied-babbler and Pangani Longclaw. Kenya’ handful of endemics include the Tara River cisticola, the Aberdare cisticola; Hinde’s pied-babbler; William’s lark; Sharpe’s pipit; and Clarke’s weaver. This diverse range of habitats supports a great diversity of bird species – and makes a bird watching holiday in Kenya very rewarding!
7 Days Bird Watching Kenya Safaris Price includes
- All meals included while on safari
- Full Board Accommodation while on Safari
- All applicable Game Park entrance fees
- Guaranteed window seating with open top for easy photography
- Guaranteed departures for one or more passengers booking this safari
- Professional Tour guide
- Round trip transport from Nairobi and back
- Transport in 4×4 Mini Van
- All government taxes and levies
- Airport transfers in Nairobi
- Flying doctors air ambulance evacuation in case of a life-threatening accident or injury
- Safari accessories (First Aid kit, cool box, and fire extinguisher) Emergency number 24 hours. All safari vehicles are equipped with RF radio.
Bird Watching Kenya Safaris Price Exclude
- All personal travel and baggage insurances
- International flights
- All Airport Taxes and Visas
- Medical and trip cancellation insurance
- Yellow fever vaccinations
- Items and services of a personal nature
- Olduvai Gorge entrance fees
- Canoeing safari
- Any Optional activities such as village visit, balloon safaris, night game viewing, guided nature walks, e.t.c
- Extras at the lodges or camps; tips and gratuities, portage, telephone, laundry etc
- Drinks and beverages not in the Itinerary.
- Tour driver-guide gratuities
- Hotel accommodation in Nairobi before the safari – can be arranged on request
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
7 Days Bird Watching Kenya Safaris Itinerary
Day 1: Nairobi – Lake Nakuru National Park
Pick up from airport or hotel within Nairobi for a transfer to Serene Nairobi Hotel by 0730hrs for the wildlife and birding safari briefing, depart on a morning bird watching drive to Lake Nakuru National Park for first day Lake Nakuru birding tours and visit holidays. A full day birding holidays & game drive with an opportunity of seeing millions of Greater & Lesser Flamingo besides thousands of other bird sightings include The Great White Pelican, Little Grebe, as well as rare Martial Eagle, Lesser Kestrel & Madagascar Squacco Heron. At Lake Nakuru Safari you may also encounter wild-game like the waterbucks, buffalo, warthog, hippo, and lion among others.
- Overnight (Full Board): Ziwa Bush Lodge
Day 2: Lake Nakuru – Kakamega Forest for Wildlife & Birding Safari Tour
Kakamega forest has over 360 species of birds, 350 species of plants & 400 species of butterflies. Live Kakamega birding tours include Grey Parrot, Blue Headed Bee Eater, Black Billed Turaco, Turners Eremomela. And Forest mammals like Bushpig, Giant Forest Hedge Hog, night Flying squirrels, Colobus Monkey, Debrazzar Monkey, Potto, Clawless and sightings of snakes including; Forest Cobra, Rhinoceros Horned Viper, and Gabon Viper.
- Overnight (Full Board): Rondo Retreat
Day 3: Full Day Kakamega Forest
Depart on a morning game drive for Lake Victoria birding tours and with boat rides in search of endangered birds Papyrus Gonolek, Papyrus Yellow Warbler, and hippos. Along the cyperus papyrus vegetation of Dunga beach our birding safaris Kenya offer excellent views of Greater Swamp Warbler, White-winged Warbler, Little Egret, Papyrus Gonolek, Swamp Flycatcher, other birds includes Kingfisher, Whiskered Terns, Yellow-billed Stork, White-winged, African Skimmer, Red-chested, African Thrush, Black-headed Gonolek, Copper Sunbirds and Slender-billed with varying mammals like; Crocodiles, Warthog & hippos among others visible on Lake Victoria during the boat-ride.
- Overnight (Full Board): Rondo Retreat
Day 4: Kakamega Forest – Lake victoria
We leave this morning after our breakfast and head southwards to the shore’s Lake Victoria, our bird walk will be focusing on the Dunga beach Swamp this site is home to one of the most reliable sites in Kenya for the scarce and threatened papyrus yellow warbler. Papyrus Gonolek, Swamp fly catcher, Marsh Tachgra, Jacksons golden backed weaver, Red chested sunbird, Sedge warbler, Carruthers’s Cisticola, Southern red bishop, Northern brown throated weaver, Greater swamp warbler.
- Lunch, Dinner and Overnight tonight will be at Imperial Express Hotel (BLD).
Day 5: Lake Victoria – To Masai Mara
Depart on a morning game drive for Masai Mara birding visit holiday tours to Masai Mara Game Reserve.
Day 6: Full Day in Masai Mara Game Reserve for Wildlife Safari
Masai Mara birding safari. Masai Mara Game Reserve has over 460 species of birds, from Kori bustard, Secretary bird, Sooty chat, Usambiro barbet to Rufous-bellied. Have a full day Masai Mara birds safaris and forest birding holidays with promising sightings of mammals (lion, rhinoceros, elephant, Cape buffalo and leopard).
- Overnight (Full Board): Mara Base Camp Lodge
Day 7: Masai Mara – Lake Naivasha – Nairobi
After breakfast, we drive back to Nairobi arriving in time for lunch at Toona Tree Restaurant where you can enjoy some good Italian food, Check-in to a Day room at Nairobi hotel. Farewell dinner Later early in the evening, will be hosted by Destinations Kenya Safari at the world famous Carnivore Restaurant considered “Africa’s greatest eating experience” (if you love barbecue it doesn’t get any better than this), and home to the “Simba Saloon” one of the city’s most popular night clubs. Thereafter you will be transferred to the airport in time for your International departure flight
What is included?
- Accommodation and meals in 4star and 5 star hotels as indicated
- All transit lunches as indicated in itinerary
- Park fees and conservation fees for clients and driver
- Driver’s allowances for the whole safari
- 1 cultural visit to a Masai village in Masai Mara
- Safari minibus in Kenya and 4×4 safari land cruiser or land rover in Tanzania
- Drinking water during the game drives
- Complimentary tour of Nairobi city
- AMREF evacuation insurance in case of emergency
- Airport meet and greet services and transfers in Kenya and Zanzibar
- Local connecting flights to Masai Mara, Zanzibar and Nairobi
What is NOT included?
- International flights
- Travel insurance from your home country
- Tips as desired
- Extra essentials such as laundry services, alcohol, soft drinks except in Zanzibar only
- Balloon safari, culture experience in other parks apart from Masai Mara, night game viewing and others
- Any special additions to the program