3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park will bring you face to face with the massive giants of Bwindi – the mountain gorillas. The 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour is a magical journey into the isolated jungles of East Africa where you should expect an experience like no other. Being close to a family of wild mountain gorillas in the deep misty jungle of Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park is utterly magical; nothing can ever prepare you for such an experience – their sheer beauty, brawn and soulful brown eyes, their astonishingly human-like expressions or their extraordinarily gentle demeanor.
One hour with these gentle creatures – 60 minutes, is all it takes to change your whole life’s experience. This 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour is a budget safari that is designed to allow every traveler to have a chance to spend time with the world’s endangered mountain gorillas. If you’re a luxury traveler, don’t be bounced off yet. This Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour can be tailor made to suit your style too.
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Package
The 3 days Uganda Gorilla Safari includes the jungles of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park in search for the mountain gorillas. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is located in the south western part of Uganda covering an area of 321 km2 and is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The forest lies at an altitude between 1160 m -2607 m above sea level and is famous for being home to over 450 mountain gorillas. The “impenetrable forest” protects nearly more than half of the remaining mountain gorillas in the world and it is one of the best places to go gorilla trekking in Africa. In addition to seeing the mountain gorillas in Uganda, clients can engage in other adventure activities that include nature walks, forest walks, bird watching, and local community tours.
Having 326 Gorillas, gorilla searching trips form the major tourist activity/attraction in Bwindi. On a daily basis more than 10 gorilla groups are usually available for tourists to trek. The Mubare group comprising of 16 gorillas with1 Silver back, this group was officially opened for tourism in 1993.The other group being the Habinyanja group which comprises of 23 gorillas with 2 silver backs and was readily opened in July 1998. The last and third group of gorillas -Rushegura comprising of 17 gorillas with 2 silver back all in the Buhoma sector.
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Package
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Entebe International Airport or from the Hotel|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please be ready by 7:30 AM for a prompt departure at 8:00 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 5:30 PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking boots, hat, jacket and sunscreen.|
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Tour – Bwindi Gorilla Tours Highlight
All gorilla tracking safari permits are sold by Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) at the Headquarters in Kampala with only 8 gorilla permits per day being sold for each of the 2 Gorilla groups. Advance booking- at least 3 months in advance is recommended to prevent missing out.
The Uganda Gorilla tracking activity starts at 8:30 am local time and lasts the whole day.
After the search for Gorillas, you are supposed to watch them for only an hour once they have been tracked.
The Gorilla Tracking trek in Bwindi is tedious in this regard tourists are therefore urged to be physically fit and carry jungle boots and rain jackets along with them because the forest is always wet
Join a 3 Days gorilla trekking safari to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National park Uganda or Volcanoes National park in Rwanda with Gorilla Trek Africa. The 2 parks shelter the highest number of mountain gorillas in the wold hence offer you ultimate gorilla encounters.
3 days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari highlights
- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Photo session at the Equator
- Optional – community walk
Just like Rwenzori Mountain trekking, gorilla trekking also requires these items when tracking the gorillas.
- Water: Gorilla trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Sometimes it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because if rains very often in Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts Bwindi forest is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera (no flash) to capture this lifetime experience
What is included in the 3-day Gorilla trekking Uganda Safari cost
- Airport Transfers
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Meals: Day 1- L.D, Day 2 – B.L.D, Day 3 – B.L
- Bottled Water
- Gorilla Trekking Permit
- Bottled Water
- Experienced English speaking Driver
- 4X4 Safari car for Transportation
What is excluded in the 3-day Gorilla trek Uganda
- Tips for Driver and Guides
- Air tickets
- Drinks from the Accommodation
- Anything not discussed during the initial meeting
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Prices are “from” per person based on twin/double share accommodation and for travel in low season. Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply. Limited seat/spaces and all pricing is subject to change and availability. Rates for single or triple travelers are available on request – please esquire. Group Size: Minimum 2, Maximum 12 Guaranteed departures
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tours
Day 1: Travel to Bwindi impenetrable forest for the Uganda gorilla trekking safari
Your day will start after an early breakfast and you will embark on your gorilla safari southwards to Bwindi impenetrable forest. The journey will offer you highway sights of rural and semi-urban Uganda with several fruit & vegetable markets along the roads, craft and drum makers and a stop at Uganda’s Equator monument where you will cross to the southern hemispheres. After the experience at the Equator, the drive will continue with a stopover in Mbarara for lunch before proceeding to Bwindi with short bathroom stopovers and picture sessions of landscape and other attractions.
- Drive time – 8 hours
- Flight time – 1.5 hours
- Meal plan – lunch & Dinner
- Up market – Bwindi Lodge
- Mid-range – Haven lodge
- Budget – Buhoma community rest camp
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable forest
Uganda gorilla Bwindi forest Today early morning your driver guide will pick you up from the lodge and transfer you to the briefing point at 7am before you start your gorilla trek at 8 am. On arrival at the briefing place, you will be welcomed and given seats until time of briefing as your driver guide registers you with the ranger on duty to be allocated for a gorilla family. You will eventually meet your ranger guide and start your gorilla trek in the jungles of Bwindi.
We advise you to hire a porter to carry your day pack because sometimes the gorillas could be located a distance far from the start of your trek, they can also help push or pull you along the steep slippery paths in the forest.
- Optional – afternoon community walk
- Meal plan – Breakfast, lunch & Dinner
Day 3: Transfer to Entebbe
Today you drive back to Kampala. Have lunch at the Equator and enjoy picture sessions in both the northern and southern hemispheres. This will mark the end of your lovely Uganda holiday.
- Meal plan – Breakfast & Lunch
Gorilla trekking tips
- Mountain gorillas sometimes nest far, you should pace yourself and drink plenty of water.
- Eating, drinking and smoking near the gorillas is forbidden – designated time and place will be communicated.
- Bwindi being a tropical forest, it can rain anytime so we encourage you to carry a rain poncho
- Waterproof walking shoes or hiking boots are essential.
- Gardening gloves for protection against stinging plants
- Long trousers and long sleeved sweaters or shirts while in the forest to avoid insect stings.
- Photography is permitted, although you must not use flash
- Porters are available to help you carry your day pack for a small charge.
3 days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour includes
- Gorilla tracking permit
- Ground transport
- Bottled water in the safari vehicle
- Full board accommodation for two nights
- Service of an English-speaking driver guide
- All mentioned activities except for the optional ones
3 days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour excludes
- Extras at the accommodation i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Tips to porters and driver/ guide